Charles A. Alfonzo
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Saint Mary's College of California (B.A.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
Charles A. Alfonzo
- Over 20 years experience in civil litigation with an emphasis in real estate, environmental toxic torts, premises liability, construction, and product liability, in both state and federal courts.
- Real estate and premises liability expertise includes all aspects of commercial and residential landlord / tenant law including leasing, habitability, wrongful eviction, unlawful detainer, Mobilehome Residency Law, rent control and eviction control; construction defect; transactional issues including due diligence, disclosures, fraud, and loan document review; easement, border, and tree disputes; and Homeowner Association litigation.
- Specializes in the medical and scientific issues raised in environmental and personal injury litigation. Cases involve allegations of serious personal injury resulting from major traumas and purported exposures to chemicals, gasses, molds, bacteria, volatile organic compounds, and other particulates.
- The disease and injury endpoints range from non-specific flu-like symptoms and allergic response to various cancers and vital organ complications, brain damage, birth fatalities, pulmonary function and lung disease, central nervous system dysfunction, and immune dysfunction.
- Represents business organizations, landowners, developers, contractors, property managers, Home Owner Associations, individual homeowners, mobile home park owners, clientele in the chain of distribution of chemicals, product manufacturers, and franchisees.
- Experienced in all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Has been retained in jurisdictions throughout the United States for both litigation and advise and counsel and is frequently called in just short of trial to handle expert discovery and associate in as trial counsel
- Federal court litigation experience includes product liability, trademark, copyright, antitrust, and governmental liability claims
- State court litigation experience includes state law versions of the same as well as environmental toxic tort (chemical, solvent, and microbial pathogens), food borne illness, and residential and commercial property liabilities
- General approach to litigation is to provide the clientele the best and most cost effective solution to resolve not only the pending case but any that may arise in the future
Advice & Counsel
- Represents and counsels clients in risk management and litigation matters
- Member of California State Bar and Alameda Bar Association
- Member East Bay Rental Housing Association
- Member Western Manufactured Housing Association
- Asking For Zip Codes With Credit Card Transactions? The California Supreme Court Says Merchants Beware!