Charles A. Alfonzo
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Saint Mary's College of California (B.A.)
Charles A. Alfonzo
- Civil litigation with an emphasis in environmental toxic tort litigation, product liability, complex litigation, and premises liability in both state and federal courts
- Specializes in the medical and scientific issues raised in environmental and personal injury litigation
- These cases involve allegations of serious personal injury resulting from purported exposures to chemicals, gasses, molds, bacteria, volatile organic compounds, and other particulars.
- The disease endpoints range from non-specific flu-like symptoms and allergic response to various cancers and vital organ complications, brain damage, birth fatalities, pulmonary function and lung disease, central nervous system dysfunction, and immune dysfunction.
- Represents clientele in the chain of distribution of chemicals, product manufacturers, franchisees, business organizations, landowners, developers, property manager, landlords and individual homeowners
- Experienced in all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Has been retained in jurisdictions throughout the United States for both litigation and advise and counsel and is frequently called in just short of trial to handle expert discovery and associate in as trial counsel
- Federal court litigation experience includes product liability, trademark, copyright, antitrust, and governmental liability claims
- State court litigation experience includes state law versions of the same as well as environmental toxic tort (chemical, solvent, and microbial pathogens), food borne illness, and residential and commercial property liabilities
- General approach to litigation is to provide the clientele the best and most cost effective solution to resolve not only the pending case but any that may arise in the future
Advice & Counsel
- Represents and counsels clients in risk management and litigation matters
- Member of California State Bar and Alameda Bar Association
- It's Five Wins in a Row for Burnham Brown!
- National Breed Club Collars AKC
- Burnham | Brown Obtains Summary Judgment in Food Poisoning Case Involving Death of Twin Fetuses
- Richard Finn and Charles Alfonzo Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict in Mold Personal Injury Case in Las Vegas
- Asking For Zip Codes With Credit Card Transactions? The California Supreme Court Says Merchants Beware!