Richard J. Finn
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- New York University (B.A.)
Richard J. Finn
Richard Finn is an AV rated trial attorney who practices in the areas of environmental, business and commercial, and construction law. He has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts including matters that have tried to verdict in California and Nevada. Mr. Finn is regularly retained to handle litigation in jurisdictions outside of California.
As a result of Mr. Finn's diverse body of work, he has developed expertise in multiple practice areas involving complex litigation matters including:
- Catastrophic Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage arising from:
- Product Liability
- Environmental Exposures (Toxic Torts)
- Transportation Accidents
- Head Trauma
- Construction Site Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Physical Violence
- Substance Abuse
In addition, Mr. Finn has litigated such matters as:
- Commercial litigation involving business interruption and breach of contract;
- Motor carrier lawsuits alleging product liability, property damage, and cargo losses;
- Environmental compliance, Proposition 65 warnings and enforcement litigation;
- Invasion of personal privacy rights
- Emergency response, alternative dispute resolution, pre-litigation investigations and litigation management.
- Construction Defect
Mr. Finn is particularly well versed in the scientific medical and engineering disciplines informing causation analysis.
- Bad Science is Coming to a Theater Near You!
- Admissibility of Industry Custom and Practice - Design Defect
- California Upholds Contractual Waiver of Rights
- California Toxic Tort Law Alert
- Injured Plaintiffs May Not Recover Medical Expenses Billed To But Not Paid By Heath Insurer
- (View All)